Are you driven by leading people in an agile environment? Do you thrive in enabling collaboration across organizations and developing people? If so, COWI is looking for an enthusiastic leader who can head the Railways team in Poland!
JOIN OUR RAILWAYS TEAM IN WROCLAW/GDAŃSK
COWI in Poland is a part of international COWI Group (www.cowi.com) a leading consulting company operating in the field of engineering (infrastructure, construction, environment, energy, industry and spatial planning) implementing projects across Europe, North America, Africa, the Middle and Far East.
The Railways Section at COWI in Poland consists of Track and Power Supply & Catenary Teams.
The use of modern design tools, systematic training, access to the latest technologies, ongoing cooperation with specialists from COWI in Denmark, COWI in Norway, COWI in Sweden and COWI in the UK ensure interesting and developmental work among experienced professionals.
- Developing the section in relation to technical qualifications including "work life balance" and people management of the sections employees
- Executing the company action plan and developing action plans for competency development and employee engagement for the section
- Undertaking one-to-one dialog with the staff every 6 weeks as a minimum along with setting clear targets for performance and development of the sections employees including introduction of new employees and organize PDPs
- Retaining top performers, keep nine-grid performance updated and giving support & feedback to the employees based on dialogue with the PMs
- Short term resource management
- Ensuring all work is carried out due to COWIs QM system
- Delivering technical expertise and/or project management on customer projects as well as supporting marketing and sale of specialist services within the section
- Prioritize One COWI and engage the section in collaboration with other business units in COWI
- Financial administration of the sections budget
- Follow-up on long- and short-term sickness
- Exercise marketing and sale initiatives and business trips within COWI Group companies in Scandinavia and the UK
Your skills are the key to our success. Working across borders and disciplines, we share knowledge and build strong relationships with colleagues and customers.
To succeed in this position, we believe that you should be a team player with curiosity, courage and care. You will be part of a team located locally and remotely and hence, it requires strong written and verbal communication skills to be effective.
- Regular employment contract and attractive salary
- Attractive workplace in a multicultural environment especially in the Scandinavian countries
- Challenging interesting projects and collaboration with highly qualified specialists
- Possibility of developing professional and line management competences with professional internal and external training
- Possibility of foreign marketing and sale business trips in Scandinavia and the UK
- Private medical care, Multisport card, group life insurance, English classes, fresh fruits, co-financing of additional sports activities, eg participation in competitions