Align Technology is a publicly traded medical device company that is transforming smiles and changing lives. Our global team of talented employees develop innovative technology, tools and treatment options to help dental professionals worldwide achieve the clinical results they expect. Our digital ecosystem combines the power of technology to create beautiful smiles through the integration of AI and machine learning, digital imaging and visualization, biomechanics and material science to develop the Invisalign system, the most advanced clear aligner system in the world; iTero Intraoral Scanners and OrthoCAD digital services. Did you know? Align is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom 3D-printed materials.
By joining Align, you will be part of a global, fast-growing company in one of the most dynamic industries. Great people, innovative technologies, and meaningful work – these are just some of the things employees say make Align Technology a great place to work.
We respect your privacy. Please review our Applicant Privacy Policies for additional information.
Global Diversity Statement:
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
US EEO Statement:
Align Technology is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran or disability status.
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles, changing lives
At Align Technology, we believe a great smile can transform a person’s life, so we create technology that gives people the confidence to take on whatever’s next. We revolutionized the orthodontic industry with the introduction of the Invisalign system, and we have never lost sight of that spirit of innovation. Our diverse and collaborative teams are constantly pushing the boundaries of what’s possible.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
This is a great opportunity for an experienced HR professional who is looking to continue to build their HR career in a successful and growing company. We are expanding our current commercial presence across several Expansion Markets in EMEA with exciting acceleration projects across the region. The HR Business Partner will be based in our Wroclaw office and dedicated to the commercial business in Poland, Central Eastern Europe, Balkans, and Israel.
You are responsible for all HR related duties associated with the full employee lifecycle in the areas of talent management, organizational effectiveness, employee relations and compensation. As part of this fast-growth organization, you will play a key role in supporting senior leaders with organization design, succession planning and future leadership pipeline, and talent development for our commercial employees based in Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovakia, Hungary, Latvia and Israel.
In this role you are part of the HRBP team for EMEA expansion markets and collaborate closely with all HRBP’s across EMEA commercial and the wider EMEA HR team (Compensation & Benefits, HR operations and Talent Acquisition).
You will report to the Manager, HRBP Expansion Markets who is based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
In this role, you will…
- Undertake full range of general HR activities working in partnership with regional management and other business stakeholders
- Provide support to management of employee relations issues such as disciplinary, grievance, absence, restructuring and other key HR areas including performance management, recruitment, and Talent Management
- Support effective implementation of organization wide initiatives across the Talent Development, Talent Acquisition, Workforce Support and Total Rewards activities in line with business strategy
- Support management on comprehensive utilization, completion, and promotion of the value of the annual and mid-year Performance Management process
- Support regional business leaders in meaningful succession planning activities for their area.
- Support the Business Leaders to develop Employee Engagement action plans, providing advice, guidance, and ideas as required
- Update and develop effective and suitable local relevant HR policies and procedures to implement throughout the region. Provide advice and interpret such policies as appropriate. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the business, HR trends and employment legislation and pro-actively use knowledge to provide excellent customer focused, value add, service provision
- Develop and maintain written resources such as Handbooks, Guides, Newsletters, Policy Documentation, etc.
- Regularly assess area of responsibility and use initiative, creativity, and knowledge to encourage change to drive business performance through effective HR activities
- Regular liaise with HRBP in other Expansion Markets and the wider HR team to share ideas, best practice and ensure team is working towards common HR and business goals
- Work in conjunction with management teams to promote the culture and values of the organization to all employees through inclusivity, diversity and empowerment and the values of adaptability, trust, excellence, accountability, and mutual respect
- Responsible for the on-site country HR Administration from hire to exit in close collaboration with EMEA HR Operations team
- Responsible for the onboarding of the employees, including ensuring that all documentation is timely available for compliance, payroll, and visa application in close collaboration with EMEA HR Operations team
In this role, you’ll need …
- Bachelor/master’s degree
- 7+ years HR generalist experience in Poland and across the wider CEE region
- Experience in a multi-site, complex and fast-paced commercial environment
- Demonstrable experience of leading HR projects across different countries
- Fluency in English and Polish
- Additional languages are a plus
- Excellent knowledge in Polish Labor Law, preferably also a solid understanding of labor laws across the designated region
- Excellent business acumen
- PC literacy, including in depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products and preferably applications like Workday and SAP
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to motivate others
- Show high levels of commercial awareness demonstrated through consideration of the medium- and long-term strategic implications of decisions and advice given
- A self-starter
- Able to act with autonomy
- Flexible, accommodating, and positive approach
- Takes full accountability for own performance and development
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrates competence in a constantly evolving environment
- Willingness to undertake regular travel within the designated geographical region
- Strong problem-solving and excellent interpersonal skills
- Perfect balance in mind and personality skills and capacities: analytical, problem solving, organizational, team & service oriented, communicative, conflict resolving, representative skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and the ability to influence without authority
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrative ability to multi-task and to prioritize, comfortable with ambiguity, comfortable with conflict, results driven, self- starter with high attention to detail and sense of urgency
- Highly customer oriented
- Team orientated
- Results focused
- Confidence to work across all levels of the business
- Practically minded: able to roll sleeves up and get work done!