At Nokia we create the technology to connect the world. Developing and delivering the industrys only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, Nokia is leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies. Nokia adheres to the highest ethical business standards as we create technology with social purpose, quality and integrity. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
You will be a part of the unit playing a key role in developing Unified Troubleshooting Framework (UTF) project that provides centralized toolset for needed 4G/5G data collection. UTF enables the automated and intelligent data collection from supported operator networks by remote analytics and operations. The collected data may be utilized for supporting next generation troubleshooting capabilities, for more efficient maintenance including example troubleshooting of active faults. Automatically collected data can be utilized to provide proactive/predictive services (health checks and audits) to identify and prevent or predict possible failures as early as possible. UTF rationalizes the collection of symptom data by reducing the effort needed to collect the data, while also providing the needed accuracy to collect the right data at the right time.
You will be a member of a scrum team consisting of SW programmers and Verification Engineers, developing harmonized troubleshooting framework. You will have an overall responsibility for coding platform and application components. The work may involve creation of new software as well as usage of 3rd party off-the-shelf software products to modify and integrate them into the solution. You will cooperate with domain experts, solution architects and delivery teams. You will have a responsibility for sharing knowledge in your own expertise area and giving input to process development, performing problem isolation and resolution. You will apply knowledge and experience to determine the root cause. You will work in a collaborative, friendly agile environment with a wide range of modern technologies giving you the opportunity to constantly develop your skills.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
We work with:
- Cloud based methodologies (Openstack) and technologies in Agile SW development
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Linux, Bash scripting
- Microservices architecture, REST API, messaging system (RabbitMQ)
- Continuous Integration (e.g. GitLab, Git, Crucible/Fisheye)
- Installation automation framework (Ansible)
- Databases (e.g. for Cassandra, PostrgreSQL)
- Dependency management (e.g. gradle, maven)
- Testing frameworks: Robot, Jasmin, Selenium
- Managing infrastructures: Terraform
- Advanced knowledge in at least one of the following programming languages: Golang, Python, Java
- Regular Knowledge of Unix-based systems and bash scripting
- Advanced knowledge in Docker
- Database administration (e.g. PostgreSQL, CouchDB)
- Experience in continuous Integration (e.g. GitLab CI, Git)
- Basic experience in container orchestration platform Kubernetes
- Experience in using IT automation and DevOps toolchains
- Basic knowledge of installation automation framework (Ansible)
Nice to have:
- any of the technologies from our competencies (see above)
- understanding of hardware and its impact on performance in cloud environment.
- telecommunication knowledge
- Effective and open communication
- Ability to work in a global team, good interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Responsible, well organized, committed and result oriented
- Analytical thinking, creativity. Problem understanding and solving
- Fluent written and spoken/conversational English is a must
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.