Amazon Operations sits at the heart of the Amazon customer experience. We look after everything from the moment a customer clicks buy, to the moment their item is delivered – from desktop to doorstep.
Across Europe we have more than 50 Fulfillment Centers, hundreds of Delivery Stations, thousands of machines, and tens of thousands of employees, all working together in harmony to make sure the right item gets delivered to the right person, in the right place, at the right time.
Working in Amazon Operations is for people who like to be active and give their all. We work in a busy, dynamic environment and are part of a bigger team delivering on the expectations of millions of customers every single day.
We are open, inclusive and welcome individuality and diversity. The culture in our Operation is built on the way teams bond and the work ethic that enables our business run like clockwork. Our teams take pride in a job well done, looking out for one another, ensuring the highest safety standards and playing their part in delivering the quality service Amazon is known for around the world.
Join us in the Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering team. We maintain and optimize technologies in the Global Amazon Warehouse & Delivery Network.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
We are looking for motivated, customer-focused people who want to join our team as a Reliability Maintenance Engineering Manager. The Reliability Maintenance Engineering Manager is the site lead for all Engineering matters within a building. They are responsible for leading their team and building a culture of safety; for ensuring all statutory compliance requirements are followed to provide a safe working environment for all occupants of the building; for providing a high level of equipment availability to the General Manager and for working with the EU Engineering team to plan for future growth. They are also required to take part in network wide improvement initiatives and to implement standards created elsewhere in the network.
This role includes a travelling activity of 15%.
- Lead the team, own the annual reporting responsibilities for the team and mentor their direct reports who in turn develop the technicians within the team.
- Work with the site Safety department & Site Leadership to implement, record and audit safety and statutory compliance programs to provide a safe working environment for all staff. Own the legal responsibilities as the site engineering lead within this framework.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure allocated headcount is filled with high quality experienced staff. This may include support to Apprentice and Graduate programs.
- Implement standards validated by the EU Engineering team and participate in continuous improvement initiatives to create or update standards as required in order to provide high levels of safety and equipment availability to our internal customers. A key focus is on preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintain equipment failure contingency plans, coordinate rehearsals with affected parties and be prepared to work in a flexible manner to ensure failures or breakdowns are rectified as quickly as possible.
- Maintain a long-term focus by working with Site Management, Finance, the EU Engineering team and internal design teams to plan for future growth, upgrades or new equipment roll outs.
- Relevant experience of Engineering team leadership.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, Civil) from an accredited university or equivalent experience.
- Multi skilled in both electrical and mechanical disciplines.
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) in English and the local language at CEFR Level B2 or higher.
- Experience of automated equipment including packaging machinery, sortation and conveyor systems.
- Project management experience.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards it.
- Full working knowledge of all specialized engineering and facilities equipment within the Fulfillment Center (FC) as well as maintenance and safety procedures.
- Experience working with PLC based control systems.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.