We are currently the largest institution of research and development in the ICT sector in Poland, successively growing and still looking for new talents. DevOps Engineer is one of the key positions in R&D Center in Wroclaw and at present, there are a few slightly different departments possibly interested in your experience. Find out which specific departments are currently recruiting for this position: https://en.nokiawroclaw.pl/check-our-devops-hiring-teams/
Apply and a designated Talent Attraction Person will contact you in 2-3 working days to discuss all the details and guide you through the whole recruitment process, completed with feedback (guaranteed after an interview step). Below you will find some general information about our expectations and Integration and DevOps Engineers positions.
About the project
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Platform Software team is responsible for delivering software that runs hardware used in Nokia products. The Main Platform Software component is embedded ""Linux from Scratch"", which provides the operating system as the heart of all Nokia base stations (BTS) running 3G/4G/5G technologies.
Build-CI DevOps team is delivering complex solutions to support the development and test execution of Baseband Platform products.
We are looking for DevOps Senior Engineer who will join LFS Build/CI team. As a part of your role, you will have a possibility to influence the development direction of CI solutions for the whole Platform Software organization. We expect you to bring new ideas and improvement proposals for existing CI setup. We are looking for a real team player who is willing to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- designing, implementing and maintenaning a build processes for multiple concurrent releases of embedded software.
- prototyping concepts which proofs feasibility of complex solution proposals.
- leading development of technologies, tools and solutions.
- proposing improvements across whole CI and automation environment.
- writing scripts to automate build and deployment processes through build systems.
- optimizing existing build jobs for simplicity and speed.
- executing test suites in the continuous integration process.
- supporting development teams as well as Release and Test Managers.
- sharing the knowledge to elevate team capability
- good command of English.
- bachelor’s degree in computer science or Telecommunications or similar engineering field.
- at least 5 years of experience in Software Development and Deployment area.
- deep Linux knowledge incl. kernel, drivers know-how.
- Linux administration aspects (user mgmt, network configuration, storage setup, etc).
- advanced Bash, Python, C/C++ knowledge.
- experience with GNU Make and Makefiles.
- practical experience with Jenkins, Git, Gerrit.
- GCC compilers knowledge.
- ability to debug cross compilation targets.
- be open to learn new technologies and eager to accept challenges.
- capable to analytical thinking, structure complex tasks, problem solving skills.
- Git, Gerrit, Gitolite
- Make, CMake, Autotools, GCC
- Yocto, Meson
- Agile methodologies, JIRA