Radio Frequency Software department is looking for motivated professionals for the position of Project Manager. We are a part of Nokia Mobile Networks, Radio Frequency R&D organization. RF R&D is responsible for specifying, designing, implementing, testing and maintaining radio products’ software for various radio access technologies, including GSM, WCDMA, LTE and 5G. We are divided into self-organizing teams, working in Agile environment. Our products are developed mainly in C++ and C on several software architecture layers, including those close to hardware, as well as on higher levels of abstraction. We are also responsible for our products’ integration throughout the whole product life cycle, which is performed in the automated Continuous Integration environment.
A common and clearly defined vision, open communication and a deep passion for innovation are the features that best describe our work environment and its unique atmosphere. We believe these are the values that shape the future of technology.
Project Manager in RF Software department is leading SW project for new RF Product. Within the frames defined by internal RF Product Development process, SW Project Manager takes care of: scope definition, requirements clarification & traceability, schedule management, resources planning as well as continuous supervision of the execution. In the dynamic agile work environment it is required to take seriously risk and quality management to ensure true zero faults and still be able to continuously respond to the change requests and prioritize content deliveries.
In RF Software, budget planning and F&C aspects are not in scope of SW project responsibility.
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications, Software Engineering or similar
- Certification or educational degree in project management or equivalent role
- Understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Hands-on experience in project management
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Proven experience in strategic planning, risk and change management
- Ability to make decision even in ambiguous situation
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-reliance and self-discipline
- Developed planning and organizational skills
- Effective communication and leadership skills
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of Agile Software Development Methodologies (SCRUM, TDD, CI)
- Fluent English, both spoken and written